Oil & Gas
Tiltredelse: Etter avtale
Navn: Solfrid Otterås
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customers we are now looking for a System Engineer Electrical
Our client’s department “Maritime and Offshore” delivers power-, automation-, and distribution systems to the global industry, including marine and subsea. They place a strong emphasis on the complete value chain from pre-engineering to long term operational support. They deliver equipment for powering of subsea pumps and processing plants, heating of flowlines, and electrification of offshore platforms. They also have supporting technologies like subsea control and monitoring systems, a world class range of power, electrical and fibre optical connectors, sensors, and advanced monitoring solutions.
The department “Subsea and Marine Systems” is in Trondheim and provides customer bespoke subsea systems and solutions for subsea applications within: Subsea Power, Subsea Controls, Subsea Surveillance.
We are looking for a System Engineer to lead the electrical system engineering for exciting global projects that provide the oil and gas industry with innovative technologies and solutions.
Our project portfolio consists of frequency converters, switchgears and transformers for offshore topside and subsea power systems.
As electrical system engineer, you will have system responsibility for assigned projects and studies, and you will be part of a multidisciplinary project team working with power systems from our client’s portfolio.
• perform system analysis (e.g. MATLAB)
• write specifications
• develop the electrical design of equipment
• write test procedures
• perform testing
We are looking for a hands-on person, with a proactive attitude to take responsibility and a proven ability on an individual basis to develop;
• calculations/simulations, etc.
Part of the position is interacting with international teams with different cultures, including clients, subcontractors, and the project team. Therefore, we expect you to be an excellent communicator and collaborator with a proactive attitude.
The role will offer growing opportunities in the organization, making an international experience (some travel abroad is required) with a lot of learning prospects.
Your experience and qualifications:
• Higher education in electrical engineering (Bachelor or Master), with cross functional (mechanical, electrical, control system) experience
• Proven track record in system integration.
• Strong background in electrical and power engineering, including ability to develop calculations/simulations (e.g. MATLAB) with related reporting
• Good knowledge of relevant and applicable international standards including design practices for electrical system design and testing (for subsea system is an advantage); availability to perform/lead electrical testing is also required
• Working language is English, but competence in one of the Scandinavian languages is beneficial
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you.
If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solfrid Otterås, by email: email@example.com