Oil & Gas
Sted: Fornebu eller Bergen
Tiltredelse: Etter avtale
Navn: Elin Vaksdal Gjetle
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Project Engineer – Electrical design for Offshore & Industrial Installation
Senior Project Engineers, electrical design for offshore & industrial installations
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Norway PAEN (Process Automation and Energy Industries) is involved in projects delivering electrical equipment and advanced control systems covering a broad field of applications.
For this position we are looking to expand our team to primarily address the oil and gas market in growth, where advanced electrical solutions are taken in use to lower carbon footprint.
As ABB is involved in offshore wind, power from shore, subsea systems, land-based industry, advanced buildings, onshore and offshore fish farms, hydro power plants and more, you can also be involved in activities in those fields of application.
As project engineer you are accountable for delivery in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, cost estimates and safety requirements of the project. You provide technical support for engineering, testing, installation and commissioning activities and acts as a technical specialist with good knowledge on electrical systems.
In this role, you work close with the project management team, the project engineering team, suppliers and customers.
It is natural for you to coach, support and advise both colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Engineering & Design of electrical distribution plants, including medium and low voltage switchboards, transformers, rotating equipment, high voltage equipment and more.
- Design solutions and follow up specifications according to customer’s requirements.
- Implement customer functional requirements into ABB’s products.
- Follow up and execute review and upgrade-activities in projects
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. or equivalent in Electric Power Engineering
- English (Norwegian would be an advantage) language is preferred.
- You are able to communicate in English verbal and written.
Required Competence and Experience:
You have experience as a Senior Engineer in electrical projects, where your scope has covered most of the following;
- Medium Voltage packages (AIS and GIS. 5-22kV)
- Low Voltage switchboards.
- Dry type transformers.
- Knowledge of multifunction protection relays & their role in a power system is a must.
- Knowledge to electrical control networks (IEC 61850).
- You are familiar with interfacing electrical equipment with automation systems.
- Experience with “hands-on” programming/testing and commissioning of protection relays for HV and LV (experience as commissioning-engineer) is a benefit.
- As our projects stretch from early concept evaluations to retrofit on existing plants, we appreciate candidates with experience in study projects and / or FEED. We are also looking for system engineering candidates.
- FSE & first aid
- Experience with projects in Norway would be an advantage
Candidate must be located within Europe, preferable Norway with a valid work permit.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP.
Some travelling must be expected.
Duration: 1 year Possible extention
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact us, (Elin Vaksdal Gjetle or Solfrid Otterås) , by email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org