Oil & Gas
Navn: Nina Fjeldstad
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customers we are now looking for a Field Engineer Insulation
- Field engineer shall ensure that the activities and scope for construction within the discipline is planned, qualified, performed and documented in accordance with the contract specifications and with a high focus on cost efficient construction.
- The Field engineer is reporting in the Construction line and towards the Project Discipline lead Engineer on discipline matters.
- The discipline lead engineer is accountable for decisions within the discipline (i.a. NCRs, TQs, design issues).
- Ensure that Contractors site personnel are qualified in accordance with project requirements, including witnessing site tests.
- Extensive travel to Eastern Europe (e.g Poland) must be expected the first months.
- Monitoring of Contractors fabrication activities within the discipline with emphasis on quality, schedule, cost efficiency and SSU.
- Monitor work progress against plans and schedules and highlight areas of concern and possible corrective actions.
- Participate in engineering and construction reviews to secure feasible and cost-efficient end-result in construction.
- Process piping systems and related in-line equipment, valves, vessels etc. for Johan Castberg FPSO, architectural insulation and HVAC insulation inspections will also be required.
- Cooperate with other disciplines in the project to ensure that handover of work fronts happens effectively between coating, E&I (heat tracing) and insulation.
- Supervise inspectors in site team Plan/Participate in audits / verifications as required.
- Ensure that all required procedure qualifications are performed.
- Review selected drawings and documents issued by Contractor.
- Provide inputs to decisions within the discipline (i.e NCRs, TQs, design issues).
- Ensure that systems and equipment are protected and preserved.
- Ensure that fabrication documentation is issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure that all required fabrication records are prepared.
- Report deviations and highlight problem areas to Construction lead.
- Ensure completion for handover to commissioning.
- Participate in area / system punch out as required and monitor status.
- Additional focus areas: Continuously be a role model for SSU standards, at all sites.
Your experience and qualifications:
- 5+ years of NORSOK R-004 insulation experience from projects in the construction phase.
- 10+ Years’ experience as NORSOK insulation work.
- Construction and hook-up experience are preferable Experience from architectural and HVAC insulation work from construction phase of similar projects.
- Ability to handle high work loads FROSIO insulation level III certified or equivalent.
- High SSU and ethical standards.
To be accepted as a candidate you must be located within EU – preferable in Norway. Important with valid work permit for Norway if not located in Norway.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Stord, Vestland
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you.
If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Nina Fjeldstad, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org