Oil & Gas
Sted: Rogaland – Stavanger: onshore, sporadic offshore
Navn: Nina Fjeldstad
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a PIPING & LAYOUT LEAD (BROWNFIELD) 24028.
• Lead the Piping & Layout discipline work in the project phases.
• For early phase projects, responsible for scoping and follow-up of studies in Piping & Layout discipline and maturation of Piping & Layout deliveries as required per project phase.
• During FEED and execution phase, responsible for follow-up of Contractor(s) and, when relevant, supplier(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
• The Piping & Layout lead has overall responsibility for the discipline and decides split of responsibilities internally within the discipline. Tasks and deliveries
• As part of an engineering management team, contribute to decision making, planning, project risk, quality and control activities.
• Follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
• Select and/or develop specifications and provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g. ITT documentation and process, equipment packages, long lead items, company provided items (CPI).
• Plan and execute Piping & Layout quality assurance activities.
• Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing parties and disciplines. Contribute to resolving interface issues.
• Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
• During execution, support and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline within set timeframes (E.g.. interdisciplinary input, handling of queries (TQ/SQ/CQ), and variation order requests (VOR)).
• Manage, evaluate and handle relevant change proposals and requests for deviation from requirements in TORG and contract (NC requests/DISP) within set timeframes.
• Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
• Perform “Internal Colleague Review” and ensure experience transfer between projects, operations and discipline network.
• MSc/BSc in relevant technical area
• Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience (depending on role)
• Good piping and layout* knowledge
• Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards
• Experience from all relevant phases of development process: feasibility studies, concept studies and detail engineering
• Fabrication and installation experience is an advantage
• Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
• Strong SSU focus
• Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
• Team player.
To be accepted as a candidate you must be located within EU and have a valid work permit/visa for Norway.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Rogaland – Stavanger: onshore, sporadic offshore
Duration: One year
Option period: 3 x 12 months
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Nina Fjeldstad, by email: email@example.com