Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and recruiting services within engineering and project management and control. The company has offices located in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Tønsberg, Aukra, Kristiansund og Molde in Norway and in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within Oil&Gas, Civil, Energy, Shipbuilding and land-based industry. www.techconsult.no
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Material Engineer for Offshore Wind Project
• Material selection based on customer requirements in offshore wind industry, including corrosion calculations, LCC etc.
• Surface treatment
• Cathodic protection
• Participate in kick off meetings and BCMs for procurement packages,
• Responsible for material follow up of suppliers with respect to e.g. material selection, welding, NDT, NORSOK M650-qualification, surface treatment, etc. Travelling to suppliers must be expected.
• Review supplier fabrication procedures and reports
• Responsible for technical reports
• Support and Coordination towards other disciplines
• Material Discipline Lead
• Master or bachelor degree – Material Technology
• Min. 5 years relevant working experience in onshore/offshore detail engineering projects. Preferably, experience with the above mentioned tasks.
• Detail knowledge with industry standards as EN, ASTM, ASME, NORSOK, and other recognized international standards.
• Ability to work independently and thorough as well as good ability to work in team
• Good communication skills
• Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
• Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
• Communicate well in Norwegian and English – both oral and in writing
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Start: Mai 2019
Duration: Desember 2021
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Birger Ekerhovd , by email: firstname.lastname@example.org