Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and recruiting services within engineering and project management and control. The company has offices located in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Tønsberg, Aukra, Kristiansund og Molde in Norway and in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within Oil&Gas, Civil, Energy, Shipbuilding and land-based industry. www.techconsult.no
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Engineer - Mechanical - Senior
• Preparation of engineering deliverables within the given estimated hours in all phases of a project.
• Ensure coordinated design, including interface with other internal disciplines, to ensure complete engineering deliverables.
• Co-operation with Supply Management for Package Engineering, including quality surveillance /supplier follow-up and mechanical completion activities.
• Engineering decisions shall not be taken outside their mandate as given by Superior.
• Conduct technical Pre-Order Activities such as technical clarification meetings prior to PO award and clarifications. Participate and prepare input to the technical part of Bid Clarification meetings with suppliers.
• Define the package document scope and schedule in the SDL
• Provide technical input to PQM for supplier’s ITP
• Participate in kick off meetings and Pre-Inspection Meetings
• Participate in package specific tests and inspections as agreed with PQM.
• Review/comment and approve package supplier documents as required per the SDL. Gathering other disciplines’ inputs and make them part of the review.
• Proactively work with document control to ensure documentation is timely issued and distributed.
• Notify Project Engineering Manager of any potential changes or deviations to the package scope.
• Participate in evaluation and technical close-out of PO’s in co-operation with PRB.
• Execute work in accordance with project execution model.
• Have sound understanding of Client Contract, with technical requirements and specifications for the assigned procurement packages in specific, and highlight any ambiguities, unfeasible, or otherwise unclear information.
• Raise Technical Query and Technical Deviations to client when required by the project,
• Provide technical input to procurement and Quality Management as required in commercial and quality matters, such as VOR’s and NCR’s in liaison with PRB and PQM.
• Ensure that procurement package interfaces are well defined and communicated according to project requirements.
• Prepare necessary technical input to project reporting in accordance with project routines for Progress, schedule, risk and opportunity input.
• Provide input to expediting plan to PRB
• Participate in or manage vendor progress meetings.
• Provide technical input and support to the supplier Mechanical Completion (for assigned procurement packages in liaison with PRB and PQM, and in accordance with requirements.
• Responsible for closing of punch items for assigned procurement packages - in liaison with PRB and PQM.
• Responsible of the release of the assigned procurement packages.
• Responsible for capturing and sharing relevant lessons learned items.
• Ensure that relevant working methods are followed
• Perform tasks in such a way as to reduce environment and health risks
• Ensure tasks performed are to a high quality, be involved and suggest improvements where they may be needed
• Participate in the evaluation of working methods and conditions and thereby minimize the risk for workplace and environmental incidents and thereby minimize the risk for quality issues
• Ensure processes are performed in compliance with internal and external requirements, defined and documented, continually measured, evaluated, improved and secured
• Report to the Team Manager any deviations and improvement areas within the execution model and working methods as applicable for the Engineering discipline.
• Report any non-compliance with HSEQ requirements to the Team Manager.
• Report and communicate according to Project stipulated routines.
• Ensure Team Manager is informed about absence and leaves.
• Provide technical documentation according to project requirements, such as Technical Requisition, Specification and Datasheet for Inquiry and Purchase Order.
• Provide technical input to Procurement Strategy.
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience as package responsible engineer.
• Graduated in Mechanical Engineering and Design, or similar
• Engineering experience in oil and gas-, chemical process- or power generation industry.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Reliable, steady, with high integrity
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, takes initiative to perform according to expectations
• Enjoys working in teams
• Analytic and accurate
• Structured, organized
• Strong technical understanding and experience with engineering and project execution methods
• General understanding of supply chain methods
• Quality- and detail- focused
• Ability to identify potential issues/problems and apply effective solutions as required
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Mona Foss, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org