Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and recruiting services within engineering and project management and control. The company has offices located in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Tønsberg, Aukra, Kristiansund og Molde in Norway and in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within Oil&Gas, Civil, Energy, Shipbuilding and land-based industry. www.techconsult.no
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a PROJECT MANAGER
• Working with our customers and project bid teams to establish winning delivery model / strategy for new projects from concept stages of a project to handover.
• Leading all aspects of project delivery from contract award to customer handover.
• Establishing and running project systems for the proper management of technical information and construction/detailed design, HSQE compliance, cost control, risk / change management, internal and external reporting, and handover.
• Producing and monitoring the project programme, and associated monitoring, reporting and updates.
• Production and evaluation of formal supply chain enquiries for waste water treatment technology components and enabling works.
• Supporting the design process with relevant technical proposals and detailing dependent upon experience.
• Placing and managing orders and subcontracts for multidiscipline packages and monitoring for compliance against customer specification, design requirements and Engineering Standards.
• Supporting internal development of company Project Management procedures.
• Documenting, sharing and implementing lessons through all aspects of our operation to continuously improve our performance.
• Planning and leading commissioning and optimisation activities post construction.
• 7+ years experience in a professional engineering / project management role.
• Masters degree qualified in Engineering / Construction Management discipline, combined with waste water treatment or environmental sciences is an advantage.
• Multidisciplinary technical understanding and ability to support various disciplines in the development of good technical solutions.
• Ability to create well-being and professional development through collaboration in small efficient engineering teams.
• Technical experience in operation of processing plants and understanding of choice and process components such as pumps, compressors, valves, piping systems, instruments and control systems. (Wastewater treatment system / biological / anaerobic experience is an advantage)
• Technical procurement expertise and ability to follow up subcontractors and ongoing contracts.
• Experience of multidiscipline engineering project delivery with proven results.
• Good written and spoken language abilities in both English and Norwegian.
• Good knowledge of ISO 9001 quality assurance and good engineering practices.
• Good fluency with IT including word and excel. MS project and AutoCAD is an advantage.
• Strong commercial awareness including execution of the project to contract conditions, and commercial reporting to senior management.
• Proven knowledge of technical and commercial project management
• Team player and excited by new challenges in an expanding business.
• Confident, diplomatic, personable and customer/partner focused.
• Risk / change aware.
• Commercial as well as technical mindset.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
(Project management sites mainly in Norway but potentially other countries in a part time / supervisory capacity)
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Nina Laugerud , by email: firstname.lastname@example.org