Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration. The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector. The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a FIELD ENGINEER WELDING-Mechanical.
* Field engineer shall ensure that the activities and scope for construction within the discipline is planned, qualified, performed and documented in accordance with the contract specifications and with a high focus on quality.
* Collaboration with the Project Discipline lead Engineers on discipline matters is expected. The discipline lead engineers are accountable for decisions within the discipline (i.a. NCRs, TQs, design issues).
* Monitoring of Contractors fabrication activities within the discipline with emphasis on quality, schedule, cost efficiency and SSU.
* Issue weekly status report to Construction Lead, highlighting work progress against plans and schedules and areas of concern Participate in engineering and construction reviews to secure feasible and cost-efficient end result in construction.
* Ensure that Contractors site personnel are qualified in accordance with project requirements.
* Witness inspections within the discipline in accordance with project specific
* Inspection and test plan (ITP) Plan/Participate in audits / verifications as required.
* Ensure that all required procedure qualifications are performed.
* Review selected drawings and documents issued by Contractor at Stord as well as documentation from Singapore
* Provide inputs to decisions within the discipline (i.e NCRs, TQs, design issues).
* Ensure that systems and equipment are protected and preserved.
* Ensure that fabrication documentation is issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
* Ensure that all required fabrication records are prepared.
* Report deviations and highlight problem areas to Construction lead Ensure completion for handover to commissioning.
* Participate in area / system punch out as required and monitor status.
* BSc degree within materials technology, European Welding Engineer (EWE) or similar.
* Experience as welder at shipyard would be an advantage.
* Certified welding inspector according to NS477, CSWIP or another recognized standard.
* Certified to Level II in MT and UT according to ISO 9712.
* Minimum 5 years documented experience from similar position in both subsea and topside projects.
* Strong SSU focus.
* A strong team player with ability to handle high work load.
To be accepted as a candidate you must be located within EU – preferable in Norway with valid work permit
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Hordaland - Stord
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Nina Fjelstad, by email: email@example.com