Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration. The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector. The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Electrical Area Designer.
· Electrical 3D modeling (PDMS/E3D) and electrical design
· Perform electrical area design such as Cable ladder/tray design including support, electrical room design, lighting design including calculations, electrical field design, penetrations, nodal design and cable routing
· Develop relevant area engineering documents such as cable rack/tray Iso, support documentation, lighting & small power layouts, block diagrams/earthing drawings, bulk MTOs and typical installation details.
· Review and implement vendor information for equipment package interface into area design
· Follow-up of tie-in and hook-up activities affecting electrical discipline
· Ensure implementation of statutory requirements, design basis, specifications, standards, intern work instruction and corporate requirements
· Report progress to group lead on activities and deliverable against project schedule.
· Follow-up of verification activities to ensure quality in the disciplines work.
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience from area design in an EPC environment, preferably from the oil and gas industry
· Work in team, also with teams from different locations
· Good knowledge of typical electrical equipment used in the oil and gas industry, Experience from PDMS/E3D or other similar applications/systems
· Multidiscipline understanding (typ. piping, structure, instrument)
· Prefer experience/practice from shipyards or other Installation companies
SoftWare Skills: E3D;PDMS
Language Skills: English
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Mona Foss, by email: