Senior Engineer Automation – safety systems 23421
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration.
The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector.
The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Engineer Automation – safety systems.
- We are looking for a skilled automation engineer to work in a large EPC greenfield project for an unmanned O&G installation.
- The right candidate will join a major new build project and will have the opportunity to develop his/her skills within Automation safety systems and personal skills in a large international project-working environment
Typical tasks include:
- Develop SAS safety system design according to unmanned platform principles (FS, Hierarchy design, C&E and HMI sketch input)
- Participation in required multidiscipline reviews
- Designing solutions according to our client's requirements
- Ensure that vendor and engineering information required for progress of the work is identified and communicated to the project
- Interface to other disciplines, suppliers and client
- Perform and complete engineering documents and data registers
- Bachelor degree
- Ex course
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum 8 years experience from automation engineering in greenfield projects located on Norwegian
- Continental Shelf
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience from SAS safety system design, activities and responsibility, including Cause & Effect development, HMI development and Function Description responsibilities from green field projects located on Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Experience and thorough knowledge of automation design according to relevant standards such as NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL and IEC
- Detail knowledge of Statoil technical requirements (TRs)
- Good communication skills
- Cooperative working attitude and acceptance for a multicultural working environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Systematic and accurate
- High loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Knowledge of written and spoken English required
- Knowledge of Norwegian language would be advantageous
To be accepted as a candidate you must be located within EU – preferable in Norway with valid work permit
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solfrid Otterås, by email: