Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For our customer, HydrogenPro, we are now looking for a Chief Project Officer (CPO)
HydrogenPro designs and supplies customized hydrogen plants in cooperation with global partners and suppliers, all ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001 certified. The Company was founded in 2013 by individuals with background from the electrolysis industry which was established in Telemark, Norway by Norsk Hydro in 1927. We are an experienced engineering team of leading industry experts, drawing upon unparalleled experience and expertise in the hydrogen and renewable energy industry. Our core product is the alkaline high-pressure electrolyser. With our new electrode technology, we are able to increase the efficiency of each unit by 14% to reach 93% of the theoretical maximum. This is a significant step forward as the cost of electric power, depending on market prices, amounts to 70-90% of the cost of producing hydrogen, the value of such increased efficiency equals approximately the investment cost for the entire plant in a Total Cost of Operation perspective. The Company is targeting a production cost for green hydrogen of USD 1.2 per kg in 2022.
Chief Project Officer Join us in accelerating the global energy transition! Do you want to help make a difference and contribute to groundbreaking solutions to realize and maximize new opportunities in a smarter, sustainable, hydrogen-powered future? As a global leader in hydrogen electrolyser technology, HydrogenPro is committed to deliver excellent technology, systems, and services to a growing customer base. Executing the projects at the right time and in the right way is key to realizing our strategy. As the company is growing, we are looking to hire a Chief Project Officer to help us to ensure high standards in our contracts and continue to build our company for the future.
Our head office is in Porsgrunn and you have to live in the vincinity of Porsgrunn. The role as Chief Project Officer will be a part of the management team in HydrogenPro and reports directly to the CEO.
As our Chief Project Officer, it is your main responsibility to plan, organize, lead, and develop the company’s Project Management Office and project execution. Specifically, this includes;
• Leading all project managers, engineers, and contracted projects
• Project economy and budget responsibility
• Recruit, manage and develop project staff
• Develop strategy for standardization and efficiency in all projects/project implementation
• Establish a professional Project Management Office (standardize project related tools, concepts and work processes as well as establish policies, standards and training of resources)
• Provide a consolidated view of all projects, project portfolio management and governance.
• Use stakeholders’ feedback to perform continuous improvement and adjustments to project process
• Responsible to define, communicate and implementation of project strategy for HydrogenPro with relevant stake holders (e.g. customers, employees, business partners)
• Collaboration with external providers of project resources, consulting companies and package suppliers
• Work in close collaboration with Sales in tender processes and contract negotiations
• Project risk management, as well as to lead project risk reviews
• Prepare and follow-up of project budgets, timelines, milestones, KPI’s and forecasts
• Quality assurance, data protection processes and HSE in collaboration with the IT and HSE functions
• Participate in customer meetings to discuss project related matters.
In addition to the main responsibilities, it is important the Chief Project Officer stay informed about changes to relevant rules, regulations, and trends to determine potential impact for the business. You will also need to provide support and advice on new potential business opportunities, as well as visiting client sites and meet with business partners. As we are a growing company all our employees need to help identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement changes.
Who are you?
To succeed in the role, you need to exemplify excellent managerial and organizational skills as head of a highly skilled project management team and engineers and a proven ability to lead the PMO with multiple multidiscipline projects executed in parallel. Essential is also your ability to professionally manage confidential information. As the role involves dialogue with various internal and external stakeholders you must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. We are looking for a team player who is comfortable working in a multidimensional team.
• Higher education (Master level)
• Experience with international multidiscipline projects preferably in the energy and/or process industry.
• Result oriented
• Expertise with technology projects and relevant lead function.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership, drive results, solve problems, and possess interpersonal skills from prior work situations.
• International competence and cultural understanding.
• Fluent communication in Norwegian and English, both written and oral is required
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
What we are offering
HydrogenPro offers you the opportunity to participate in the energy transition in a fast-growing global market with innovative solutions and new technologies. You will become part of an inspiring and challenging work environment. Our technology is directed towards some of the largest projects for green hydrogen under development that will impact the everyday life, environment, and future of a vast number of people globally. Being part of our senior management team, you will play a vital part in this mission and at the same time position yourself for a future career within this new sustainable business.
• Be part of the energy transition in a new and dynamic market
• Work in an international and fast-growing company with leading technology
• Be a visible performer on the green hydrogen arena
• Competitive benefits
• Career- and development opportunities at HydrogenPro.
Techconsult AS collaborates with HydrogenPro in the recruitment process and handles all inquiries on behalf of the company. Register your CV and apply for the position at http://techconsult.no/stillinger/sok-pa-stillinger?jobcode=23290
Application deadline: 22.06.22
Start date: Agreed upon
Contract: Permanent position
For further questions about the position or process, contact Techconsult at;
Ronny Meyer, mobile: +47 901 90 223 / email@example.com, or
Mona Foss, mobile: +47 481 03 383/ firstname.lastname@example.org