Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Engineer, Mechanical.
• Participation in project execution and studies for gas plants on LNG and LPG carriers, onshore and offshore
• Development of system design and preparation of engineering documentation
• Specify equipment for purchase, technical evaluation of bids, review of vendor documentation and supplier follow-up
• Ensure information flows with other disciplines
• Technical clarifications with customer, suppliers, yard, 3rd party (e.g. Class Society)
• Take part in design reviews e.g. HAZOP sessions, 3D model review etc.
• Technical support for commissioning and start-up activities, participate in FAT’s at Suppliers facilities
• BSc/MSc in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Experience from maritime, Oil & Gas and/or process industry engineering
• Advanced technical knowledge of rotating and/or static mechanical equipment (such as: Pumps, Compressors, Heat Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Valves), mechanical design standards and materials
• Familiarity with applicable Classification Societies rules for marine industry
• Willingness to travel if needed, occasional business trips
• Excellent English language, both verbally and in writing
• Minimum 5 years of professional relevant experience
We are looking for persons with genuine interest in gas process systems, task and result oriented, structured and systematic, cooperative, team oriented and independent, organized and enthusiastic about new challenges.
You must be located within Europe preferable within "EU/EEA" to be considered as a candidate.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Duration: 12 months
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Mona Foss, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org