Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a WELLSITE GEOLOGIST
• Contribute to obtain Company’s HSE goals by active participation in the HSE work on the rig/platform.
• Ensure compliance with COmpany's security requirements.
• Ensure that established routines for wellsite geology work is being followed (ref GL3549)
• Continuously follow up well signals and evaluate pore pressure and borehole stability. Contribute to avoid well control incidents. (Extremely important for HPHT wells)
• Ensure that data acquisition is performed in accordance with activity program, detailed operations procedures and best practice.
• Perform quality control of drilling and geological data related to formation evaluation.
• Supervise service companies related to data acquisition.
• Immediately inform the Drilling Supervisor about geo operational issues that can influence safety, cost or well objectives. Advise on geological and reservoir technical issues.
• Ensure that all non-conformances are immediately discussed with the Operations Geologist, and properly documented.
• Keep the Operations Geologist continuously posted about well status.
• Prepare preliminary interpretations based on all data available and contribute to the final geological well products.
• Ensure that geological reports and logs are prepared and finalized. Wellsite geologists involved in drilling of HPHT wells and MPD (managed pressure drilling) shall be competent and familiar with the equipment and operational procedures.
• The following E-learning courses are mandatory: Well integrity basic, MPO basic
• Master degree and 4+ years relevant experience (including HPHT experience) OR Bachelor degree an 6+ years relevant experience (including HPHT experience)
Candidate must be located within Europe.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org