Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Hydraulic Engineer
• The positions offer versatile and varied engineering work in a busy and challenging project environment.
• Participate in a competent, creative, and informal professional environment that places great demands on both independences, the ability to take initiative and for collaboration across professional environments and between departments.
• Design and calculation of hydraulic systems & components in accordance with international standards Preparation of Hydraulics Flow Diagram, technical documentation, and procedures in connection with project implementation.
• Standardization of components and products.
• Technical clarifications with vendors and clients.
• Knowledge of regulations related to the marine and offshore industry (ISO, DNV, ABS, PED, NORSOK.)
• Participate in development projects.
• Influence the new products and system solutions of the future.
• Participate in technical clarifications towards workshop/subcontractor/site .
• Assist aftermarket department with technical support.
• Assist sales in connection with the preparation of offers
• We are looking for engineers with a Master’s or Bachelor's education and who have a minimum of five years' experience with hydraulics in the offshore industry or equivalent.
• Detailed knowledge of hydraulic systems and components is required.
• Experience from AHC & CT systems and open & closed loop hydraulic systems is desirable.
• Detailed knowledge of hydraulic and electromechanical systems is required.
• You should have in-depth knowledge of hydraulic components and suppliers in the market.
• Good written and oral presentation skills are required in both Norwegian and English.
• You must be willing to work hard and have a good ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
• There are requirements for good computer skills and experience with AutoCAD.
• Understanding of engineering documents and drawings
• Experience with AutoCAD.
• General IT-knowledge (including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Knowledge of Class Certifications Standards (DNV, ABS, etc)
• Knowledge of simulation tools Simulation-X
• It is expected of candidates to be Norwegian residents, based locally to the office in Kristiansand.
• It is critical for the candidate to have a Master in Hydraulics/ Mechatronics/Fluid Power/ Hydrodynamics with minimum 5 years of experience.
Candidate must be located within Europe.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Duration: 5 months with possibility for extension
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: email@example.com