Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Project Specialist
ABB is a supplier of solutions for increased productivity and energy efficiency. ABB Process Automation provide safety and automation systems, IT-solutions, drives and electrical systems, telecommunication systems and instrumentation to onshore and offshore installations. We deliver solutions to a wide variety of industries e.g. aluminium, cement, chemical, food and beverage, life sciences, metal, mining, oil & gas, power generation and pulp & paper. ABB’s Process Automation-operations in Norway are located in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Trondheim, Hammerfest and Stord.
The Project Specialist group is a department under the Project Support Section, and part of the Energy Industries local business line within ABB Norway. The Project Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to project managers in the management and execution of the projects and take responsibility for creating, invoicing, and closing of all project categories and service orders in SAP (both PS and CS/SD module in SAP). Assigned to multiple projects and service orders.
• Order entry of all project categories and service orders in SAP, hereunder the project cost- and income budget and the standard WBS and cost breakdown structure.
• Support the project manager on monitoring and control actual cost and revenues against the budget and forecast on extra small projects.
• Support the project manager on updating planned values in the SAP Project Planning Board on extra small projects monthly prior to period end.
• Support the project manager at period end by doing an overall check to ensure correct margins and revenue recognition on extra small projects.
• Prepare and issue invoices on all project categories and service orders, based on instructions from the project manager. Hereunder collecting supporting documentation and calculation of reimbursable work according to contract.
• Provide additional type of administrative support as required by the project.
• Close all project categories and service orders in SAP upon completion.
• Report Near Misses (RNM), Hazards, and Opportunities from Perfecting Quality (OPQ)
Requirements and qualifications:
• Initiative and responsible personality with good teamwork and communication skills
• Proactive, flexibility and willingness to take on responsibility
• Efficient and high work capacity to master periodically high workload
• Can work independently, result-oriented, and structured
• Fluency in Norwegian and English
• 1-3 years project controlling experience
• Experience in use of SAP and relevant Microsoft programs
• Bachelor’s in business administration or related field
What we can offer:
• Dynamic work environment with new challenges and varying tasks
• Personal development and career opportunities
• Competitive conditions, salary according to qualifications
• Pension, group life and accident insurance
• Flexible working hours
• Comfortable and good working relationship with informal and close contact between employees and managers at all levels
• Positive and exciting work environment
The position is located in Stavanger.
Candidate must be located within Europe.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Eldfrid Vågane, by email: eldfrid.vågane@techconsult.no