Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration. The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector. The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Project Engineer Advant / Safeguard Technology.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com
ABB is a supplier of solutions for increased productivity and energy efficiency. ABB Industrial Automation provide safety and automation systems, IT-solutions, drives and electrical systems, telecommunication systems and instrumentation to onshore and offshore installations. We deliver solutions to a wide variety of industries e.g. aluminium, cement, chemical, food and beverage, life sciences, metal, mining, oil & gas, power generation and pulp & paper. ABB’s Industrial Automation-operations in Norway are located in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Hammerfest and Stord.
Project Engineer – Advant/Safeguard technology
Responsibilities and tasks:
• HW&SW Design, implementation, test, commissioning, and documentation of Safety- and Automation Systems
• Technical leadership
• Technical sales support
• Service «mindset» and Customer Focus
Travel must be expected, both offshore and onsite work.
Competency requirements and education:
• Engineering Degree within the area of Automation or IT
• Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience from the oil and gas industry
• Good Norwegian and English language skills (oral and written)
• Experience and competence with ABB Advant/Safeguard technology
• Offshore and/or site experience
• Understanding of computer systems, hardware design and process automation
• Knowledge of tools like Procosys, Autocad and STID is an advantage
• Structured and quality minded
• Team spirit. You like contributing to a common goal
• High professional integrity
We can offer:
• A job in a profiled technological company with global activities
• Excellent possibilities to learn and develop
• Challenging and varied tasks within engineering & system design.
• A large degree of responsibility.
You must be located within Europe preferable within "EU/EEA" to be considered as a candidate.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solfrid Otterås, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org