Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Specialist Engineer - Electrical/Subsea Power.
• Engineering management of projects and studies, ensuring that the engineering deliverables are delivered on time and to the required quality by the assigned engineering team
• Technical responsibility for the assigned studies and projects
• Lead the system design of subsea power systems
• Planning of engineering work to be performed in the assigned studies and projects, and identifying resource needs as appropriate
• Interaction with customers, installation contractors, subcontractors, internal stakeholders and project team
• Individual creation of specifications, reports, procedures for tenders, studies, FEED and delivery projects
• Experience in managing suppliers of electrical power component as transformers, frequency converters, capacitors or switchgears, in all phases of the project, from sales to engineering
• Review of work performed by assigned project resources and mentoring of them
• Responsible to lead project design reviews according to stage gate process
• Reports to System Engineering manager with project reporting to the Project Manager
• Higher education in engineering (preferably electrical), with cross functional (mechanical, electrical, control system) experience
• Proven track record in planning and leading engineering work in projects in the subsea oil & gas industry
• Minimum 15 years of experience in electrical power system engineering
• Experience in managing a team of engineers in a project
• Good knowledge of relevant and applicable international standards for subsea systems
• Problem solver and conceptual know how of subsea system design, with a good attitude to take responsibility and to work independently
• Good capability to collaborate with international teams and different company cultures
• Working language is English, but competence in one of the Scandinavian languages is beneficial
Candidate must be located within Europe.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solfrid Otterås, by email: Solfrid.firstname.lastname@example.org