Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a FIELD SUPERVISOR SURFACE PROTECTION, INSULATION, ARCHITECT AND WELDING/NDT
• Follow up and support Gran IHC to ensure that all construction activities related to surface protection, insulation and architect are prepared, performed, completed and documented in accordance with rules, regulations, standards and contract requirements.
• Display personal commitment to HSE throughout the project execution.
• Deputize for other team members as required.
• Facilitate coordination and cooperation across disciplines to contribute to efficient hook-up.
• Follow up welding and NDT to ensure that an acceptable quality level is achieved and that an acceptable level of progressive sampling is carried out to verify the integrity of the welds that are already completed.
• Monitor Contractor’s performance with emphasis on HSE, technical quality, progress, cost and minimised carry-over work:
• Attend inspections during all stages of the hook-up to ensure that the correct quality is delivered by GranIHC.
• Identify deviations/non-conformities and handle these in accordance with project procedures.
• Ensure timely closing and verification of actions and punch items.
• Ensure that mechanical completion is achieved with a minimum of punch listed items.
• Act as a safety role model and be a Safety Ambassador always.
• Be proactive and take corrective actions as required, without undermining Contractor’s responsibility.
• Use own experience and competence to influence technical solutions.
• Establish close communication with Contractor, from management to individual disciplines.
• Coordinate and cooperate across the offshore hook-up team and with engineering in Houston. Ensure high focus on other interfaces as they are defined.
• Ensure high focus on interfaces towards all involved parties and coordination at site.
• Experience transfer to and from the project
• Must have experience from Norwegian projects
• Relevant formal education, competence within coating technology, polymeric materials and insulation. Preferrably also welding/NDT competence.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience from oil & gas projects
• Experience in follow-up of coating activities and insulation work in projects
• Multidiscipline understanding and ability to work across all areas in the project
• Extensive knowledge with Company's governing documentation
• High focus on HSE, ethics and Company values
• Well-developed cooperation and communication abilities
• Ability to work structured, systematic and target-driven
• Ability to handle responsibility and periodically high work loads
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Offshore Brazil, 4:4 rotasjon
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sted Offshore - Brazil