Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a PIPING & LAYOUT FIELD ENGINEER
• Ensure that all fabrication installation work and pre commissioning related to the piping discipline has been performed according to the requirements of the project specifications, drawings and other contract documents. All specified tests and inspections are carried out and documented in a uniform way.
• Position will report to Topside Construction Commissioning Manager Thailand .
• The position will be responsible for general follow-up of FPSO Contractor’s Topside construction but must expect to contribute to other parts of the FPSO project as well.
Responsibility will include
• Contribute to ensure site HSE standard and compliance.
• Follow-up and ensure fabrication progress and quality in respective discipline.
• Supervise local inspectors in site team. (if any)
• Monitor that Contractor construction and quality control departments follow the required procedures, specification and standards to ensure that all quality requirements are met and that project specifications are implemented throughout construction.
• Ensure that fabrication documentation is issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
• Actively work with Contractor to ensure that mechanical completion is achieved with a minimum of punch listed items.
• Participate in area/system punch in critical areas.
• Follow up and verify Contractors closing of punch items as required.
• Assist Contractor with discipline field engineering / construction details.
• Contribute to seamless transfer from Topside site to integration phase at Keppel in Singapore The “volume” of the Company activities will be based upon risk assessments.
• Must have experience from Norwegian projects
• The candidate should have Bachelor degree or similar within mechanical discipline.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience from offshore construction. It is crucial that the candidate have a proactive mindset and focus on supporting Contractor success.
• Good piping and layout* knowledge
• Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards
• Experience from all relevant phases of development process: feasibility studies, concept studies and detail engineering
• Fabrication experience is an advantage
• Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
• Strong SSU focus
• Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
• Team player
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: email@example.com