Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration. The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector. The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Wisting - Structural Lead Hull.
• Lead the structural discipline in FEED and execution phase
• Follow up analysis and design of the hull structure
• Secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution within structural discipline
• Ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations and technical requirements
• Follow up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule
Tasks and deliveries;
• Perform risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs, risk register.
• Provide input to procurement activities within own discipline e.g. ITT documentation and process, equipment packages, long lead items, company provided items (CPI) as applicable.
• Contribute to planning and executing assurance activities. In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contract for 3rd party verification of load-bearing structures.
• Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues in a timely manner.
• Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
• During execution, support construction field engineers and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline within set timeframes, e.g. interdisciplinary input, handling of queries (TW/SQ/CQ).
• Handle relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG and contract (non-conformance requests (NCRs)/DISP) within set timeframes.
• Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
• Ensure experience transfer between projects, operations and discipline network.
• MSc in relevant technical area
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• Good structural analysis and design knowledge
• Familiar with recognized structural analysis software tools
• Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards, including Maritime regulations.
• Experience from relevant phases of development process
• Fabrication experience is an advantage
• Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
• Strong SSU focus
• Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
• Team player.
Candidate must be located within Europe.
Non-commuters will be preferred if they have the right competence, but commuters will be accepted
The application deadline for this position is 08.08.21, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Onshore (Forus/Stavanger or Fornebu/Oslo) – Future location at Hull Yard in South East Asia
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: email@example.com
Sted Onshore (Forus/Stavanger or Fornebu/Oslo)