Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a MARINE OPERATIONS AND INSTALLATION ENGINEER
• Being involved in or taking charge of everything from engineering, planning and preparation for mobilization, execution and demobilization of marine operations and installations by utilization of vessels.
• Concept study scoping and follow-up, invitation to tender preparation and evaluation for installation campaigns
• Evaluation of installation methods and equipment/vessel needs for different foundation types, wind turbines and installation of substation concepts, as well as installation of cables.
• Review of relevant marine documents with focus on scope, rules and regulations and HSE in marine operations and installations.
• Prepare internal documentation according to the relevant DG phase within marine operations and installations and ensure compliance with applicable rules, standards and regulations.
• The role and responsibility will be defined dependent on project complexity, phase and organization.
• Offshore work may be required, both in Norway and UK
• Shall have MSc/BSc with relevant engineering subjects, preferably within marine technology
• Shall have minimum 5 years of relevant work experience within marine operations and installations
• Should have experience from marine operations and installations studies and/or execution related to development of offshore wind farms, bottom fixed/shallow water
• Should have knowledge of vessel market/contractors and capabilities
• Should have knowledge of DP-operations
• Shall have valid basic safety training and offshore medical certificate
• Good multidiscipline and interface understanding of offshore oil & gas/wind marine segment
• Familiar with class society requirements and IMO regulations, and other internationally recognized standards
• Experience from early engineering phase as well as execution
• Strong HSE focus and dedicated personal behavior considering engineering solutions (safety in design)
• Continuous focus on safe, sustainable and cost efficient performance of the work
• Strong ability to communicate, analyse and systemize information
• Good writing and oral (English) skills
• Ability to learn and adapt fast
• Commercial mindset
• A strong team player
• Local candidates preferred
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Marianne Koppang, by email: email@example.com