Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Logistics Specialist / Coordinator
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com
At ABB, we have a clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
PROJECT EXECUTION – PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS
ABB is a supplier of solutions for increased productivity and energy efficiency. ABB Industrial Automation provide safety and automation systems, IT-solutions, drives and electrical systems, telecommunication systems and instrumentation to onshore and offshore installations. We deliver solutions to a wide variety of industries e.g. aluminum, cement, chemical, food and beverage, life sciences, metal, mining, oil & gas, power generation and pulp & paper. ABB’s Industrial Automation-operations in Norway are located in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Hammerfest and Stord.
Our project portfolio includes a large variety of industries including Offshore topside and sub-sea, offshore wind, land-based industry, power and water, aqua, and infrastructure.
We are looking for a new colleague to our logistics team;
The Procurement and Logistic (P&L) department is part of the Energy Industries local business line within ABB Norway. The department is responsible for procurement and logistic activities both in the sales and execution phase of a project. Due to increased work load we are looking for a logistics specialist / coordinator.
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST / COORDINATOR
Ensure inbound and / or outbound product delivery and tracking
• Project delivery execution: Make sure that all logistics activities are done in compliance with project HSE and Quality plans and in accordance with ABB standards. Ensures shipment are sent on time and according to defined plan and schedule
• Cooperate and interact with the project team and project procurement team to support a quick and seamless start-up of logistics activities
• Being part of the projects, ensuring availability of all data and records are visible for the projects and team. This includes preparation of all shipment documentation, and communicating those to relevant parties i.e. packing lists, shipping/proforma invoice, Certificate of Origin, Bill of Loading / Proof of deliveries etc.
Interface between project, supplier project/logistics team, customer and forwarder (forwarder on behalf of customer).
• Adviser on specific mode of transport, Incoterms in the tendering stage or as per request from the project.
• Releases shipments to forwarders based on documentation. Forwarder on behalf of Customer usually for example for FCA/ FOB pick up of equipment.
• Liaises with transportation/logistics group for freight quotes, documentation, and delivery.
• Import/export operations: Generates project logistics/shipment documentation and ensures inclusion of the documentation with shipments to ensure compliance with all export/ import and domestic rules and regulations. This includes also Handling of “Dangerous Goods Declarations”,
• Monitor, reports and optimizes total logistics costs
• Archives all documentation regarding shipping and delivery to the customer.
Requested qualifications/ competences;
• Initiative and responsible person with good teamwork and communication skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on responsibility.
• Efficient and high work capacity to master periodically high workload.
• Able to work both independently and in a team, result-oriented and structured.
• Fluent in Norwegian and English.
• Ability to communicate well and professionally with internal and external clients.
• Logistics relevant experience.
• Project execution experience.
What we can offer:
• Dynamic work environment with a variety of challenges and tasks.
• Comfortable and good working relationship with informal and close contact between employees and managers at all levels.
• Positive and exciting work environment.
The position is located at ABB’s office in Oslo or Bergen.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Oslo or Bergen
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Marianne Koppang, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sted Oslo or Bergen