Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a STATIC MECHANICAL ENGINEER BROWNFIELD PROJECT
• Follow-up Contractor to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
• Develop package specifications and provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g. equipment packages, long lead items and company provided items (CPI).
• Contribute to planning and executing mechanical packages follow-up activities. In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contractor’s verification of equipment packages, as relevant.
• Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
• Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
• During execution, support and take responsibility for decisions within own mechanical packages, f.ex. inter disciplinary input, handling of site queries (SQs), technical queries (TQs) and variation order requests (VORs).
• Manage relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG, non- conformance requests (NCRs).
• Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
• Ensure experience transfer from similar projects, operations and discipline network.
• MSc/BSc within Mechanical engineering
• Min 8 years experience from offshore engineering projects and follow-up of mechanical packages, especially within static mechanical equipment (pressure vessels, shell & tube heat exchangers, separators, scrubbers) o
• Strong HSE focus
• Good multidiscipline understanding
• Proactive and able to follow-up closely the engineering contractor and other team members
• Very important to be able to deliver even if not able to sit together with the team, through tools like Microsoft Teams. It may be needed to work from home or remote at times due to COVID-19
• Commercial mindset
• Strong team player with ability to handle high workload, with good co-operational- and communication skills
• Offshore safety training and health certificate
• Language requirements: English and Norwegian
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: email@example.com