Mechanical Engineer O 21594
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration.
The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector.
The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Perform mechanical engineering principles to provide efficient solutions for development, design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning of process systems and products
- Work in a project package delivery team consisting of PRE (this position) PRB (Package Responsible Buyer) and PQM (Project QA/QC Manager). Reporting in project to PEM (Project Engineering Manager) or PM (Project Manager).
FUNCTION DIMENSION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Take personal responsibility for HSE by focusing on own behaviour. Ensure that own work follows Company requirements for HSEQ. Contribute to continuous improvement of quality and safety of our products and deliveries. The Engineer shall on own initiative: Take personal responsibility for HSE by focusing on own behaviour. Ensure that own work follows Company requirements for HSEQ. Contribute to continuous improvement of quality and safety of our products and deliveries.
Tasks and Responsibilities as both Mechanical and PRE :
Comply with engineering Role Descriptions, tools and procedures required for the Execution of Projects, including Concept and Tenders. Actively contribute to the implementation and development of the overall Engineering strategy and execution plans. Ensure required personal PEM knowledge and participate in PEM introduction/training as required. Responsible for the successful completion of assigned engineering tasks. Preparation of engineering deliverables within the given estimated hours in all phases of a project. Ensure co-ordinated design, including interface with other internal disciplines, to ensure complete engineering deliverables. Co-operation with Supply Management for Package Engineering, including quality surveillance /supplier follow-up and mechanical completion activities. Engineering decisions shall not be taken outside Employees mandate as given by Superior.
The PRE shall on own initiative:
- Provide technical documentation according to project requirements, such as Technical Requisition, Specification and Datasheet for Inquiry and Purchase Order.
- Provide technical input to Procurement Strategy.
- Conduct technical Pre-Order Activities such as technical clarification meetings prior to CA and clarifications.
- Participate and prepare input to the technical part of Bid Clarification meetings with suppliers.
- Define the package document scope and schedule in the SDL.
- Provide technical input to PQM for supplier’s ITP.
- Participate in kick off meetings and Pre-Inspection Meetings.
- Participate in package specific tests and inspections as agreed with PQM.
- Review/comment and approve supplier documents as required per the SDL.
- Proactively work with document control to ensure documentation is timely issued and distributed.
- Notify PEM of any potential changes or deviations to the package scope.
- Participate in evaluation and technical close-out of PO’s in SQiS in co-operation with PRB.
- Execute work in accordance with Fjords Project execution Model.
- Have sound understanding of Client Contract, with technical requirements and specifications for the assigned procurement packages in specific, and highlight any ambiguities, unfeasible, or otherwise unclear information.
- Raise Technical Query and Technical Deviations to client when required by the project.
- Provide technical input to procurement and Quality Management as required in commercial and quality matters, such as VOR’s and NCR’s in liaison with PRB and PQM.
- Ensure that procurement package interfaces are well defined and communicated according to project requirements.
- Prepare necessary technical input to project reporting in accordance with project routines for Progress, schedule, risk and opportunity input.
- Provide input to expediting plan to PRB.
- Participate in or manage vendor progress meetings.
- Provide technical input and support to the supplier Mechanical Completion (for assigned procurement packages in liaison with -PRB and PQM, and in accordance with Fjords and Project requirements.
- Responsible for closing of punch items for assigned procurement packages- in liaison with PRB and PQM.
- Responsible of the release of the assigned procurement packages.
- Responsible for capturing and sharing relevant lessons learned items, according to Fjords and project requirements.
- Ensure that relevant working methods are followed.
- Perform tasks in such a way as to reduce environment and health risks.
- Ensure tasks performed are to a high quality, be involved in and suggest improvements where they may be needed.
- Participate in the evaluation of working methods and conditions and thereby minimize the risk for workplace and environmental incidents and thereby minimize the risk for quality issues. Ensure processes are performed in compliance with internal and external requirements, defined and documented, continually measured, evaluated, improved and secured.
- Subordinates, peers and leadership; Actively participate in the Performance appraisal process, ensuring objectives are entered into the system and are reviewed on time as required
FORMAL COMPETENCE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in relevant disciplines BSc, as a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience as package responsible engineer.
- Experience and knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong technical understanding and experience with engineering and project execution methods.
- General understanding of supply chain methods.
- Quality and detail focused.
- Ability to identify potential issues/problems and apply effective solutions as required.
- Engineering experience in oil and gas-, chemical process- or power generation industry.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solution orientated.
- Proactive and take initiative to perform according to expectations.
- Working in teams.
- Being analytic and accurate.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Mona Foss, by email: email@example.com