Topside Welding/NDE Lead 21381
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration.
The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector.
The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Topside Welding/NDE Lead.
- Ensure that activities for all relevant disciplines in Topside construction are planned, performed and documented in accordance with the project specifications.
- Position will report to Bacalhau Construction Commissioning Manager Aibel
- The position will be responsible for general follow-up of FPSO Contractor’s Topside construction but must expect to contribute to other parts of the FPSO project as well.
Responsibility will include:
- Contribute to ensure site HSE standard and compliance.
- Follow-up and ensure fabrication progress and quality in respective discipline.
- Monitoring of Contractors welding and NDE activities within all disciplines, ensure that all required qualifications are performed
- Ensure NDE operators qualification tests are performed.
- Ensure the required system for material traceability is maintained by Contractor.
- Supervise welding / structural inspectors in site team. (if any)
- Monitor that Contractor construction and quality control departments follow the required procedures, specification and standards to ensure that all quality requirements are met and that project specifications are implemented throughout construction.
- Ensure that fabrication documentation is issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
- Actively work with Contractor to ensure that mechanical completion is achieved with a minimum of punch listed items.
- Participate in area/system punch in critical areas.
- Follow up and verify Contractors closing of punch items as required.
- Assist Contractor with discipline field engineering / construction details.
- Contribute to seamless transfer from Hull site to integration phase at Keppel in Singapore The “volume” of these Company activities will be based upon risk assessments.
- The candidate should have Bachelor degree or similar within structure, materials or welding.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from offshore construction.
- IWE Competence.
- Welding Inspector NS 477.
- It is crucial that the candidate have a proactive mindset and focus on supporting Contractor success.
Commuters not accepted.
The application deadline for this position is 23.02.21, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Thailand – Laem Chabang, Aibel yard
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solveig Wiik, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org