Senior Material Engineer S 21351
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian-owned consulting company that for more than 20 years has provided consulting and recruitment services to clients in technical disciplines, project management and project administration.
The company was founded in 1999, and has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in the segments Oil & Gas, Construction / Infrastructure, Energy & Environment and Data / IT for private and public sector.
The company aims to be an important part of our customers value chain by offering qualitative services and solutions in a modern, focused and well-founded concept.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Material Engineer.
- Perform material selection and corrosion evaluation for Topside projects and ensure timely delivery and execution.
- Prepare Material Selection report, Surface Protection report and Insulation report.
- Prepare other project specific material reports like Erosion report, CP design reports etc.
- Review fabrication procedures, inspection procedures, paint & coating procedures, welding and NDE procedures.
- Follow up vendors of procurement packages.
- Participate in supplier visits to ensure material quality and adherence to requirements.
- Provide general support on material, NDT, welding insulation and coating/painting.
- Communicate with clients and vendors on material, welding, NDT and coating related issues.
- Evaluate material deviations from current regulations, procedures, requirements etc. and defining relevant recovery actions related to any deviations.
- Subject responsibility for material related TQ’s and NCR’s.
- Establish technical requisition and MTO for coating package.
- Review material related as built documentation.
- Guidance and evaluation of material and corrosion related failure mechanisms.
- Perform offshore surveys if necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering or similar discipline.
- Qualifications in Painting, NDT and Welding preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- Preferably 5 to 10 years of experience from offshore related industry.
- Knowledge in relevant standards such as NACE, ISO, API, ASTM, ASME and NORSOK standards.
- Experience and understanding of multi-discipline tasks, encompassing a range of disciplines, e.g. process, safety, mechanical, piping, structural and instrument disciplines.
- Experience in QA/QC of fabrications, including welding, Painting and NDT technique.
- Experience with Piping Materials such as LCS, SS, DSS, SDSS and Titanium.
- Have technical knowledge to piping and equipment insulation. Be able to review sub-contractors Welding, NDE, Painting and insulations procedure specification (IPS) and ensure adherence to company requirements.
- Have good communication skills in English and Norwegian (preferably) both orally and in writing.
- Have a cooperative working attitude.
- Be systematic and accurate.
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Eldfrid Vågane, by email: email@example.com