Senior Automation Engineer - OW 21199
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Automation Engineer - OW.
- Main driver and coordinator on creating test plan for complex SCADA/HVDC/HMI systems. Mainly this test will be on server/HMI level and a big part of the testing will be in relation to HMI graphics, bus signals, but also other items such as system setup, it security, and similar.
- Coordination and follow up collaboration on signal test plans on complex SCADA/HVDC/HMI systems
- Be common point of contact to customer for you responsibilities
- Coordinate test plan activities with other parties as vendors, costumer, test strategy task force, commissioning.
- Follow up progress activities under your responsibility. Make sure a highly specialized and professional multi company team of engineers all work on the correct task and deliver on plan.
- In addition to test, activities also take responsibility for coordination on final engineering activities (mainly signal lists and HMI graphics) on the systems to be tested.
- Bachelor or master degree in automation,
Required Work Experience:
- Automation engineer with experience from management, coordination and test management
- Experience with test of automation equipment.
- Contractual understanding
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from engineering/commissioning/SCADA FAT for offshore/onshore oil or wind projects
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience from SCADA system design activities, including network and signal bus design.
- Experience and deep knowledge of automation design according to relevant standards
- Must be comfortable with multitasking
- Have good communication skills
- Have a cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Be very systematic and accurate
- Able to see the big picture, and organize activities and personnel accordingly
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English - both orally and in writing
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Start: Jan 2021
Duration: July 2021
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solfrid Otterås, by email: email@example.com