Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a E&I Engineer.
- Contribute in CTR-activities/offers, both study and project related.
- Electrical engineering and design activities
- Follow up work on site, cooperation with other discipline deliverables.
- Contribute in project(s) and deliver on time and budget assigned work tasks
- Report costs, progress and deviation to technical lead/package engineer and project managers.
- Perform offshore surveys and construction follow up if needed
• Minimum B.Sc. In Engineering (or equivalent). Experience can compensate for lack of formal education. Preferable certificate of apprenticeship GR.L.
• Minimum 5 year relevant offshore experience.
• Fluent in written/oral Norwegian and English
• Knowledge of the Petroleum industry standards, rules and regulations such as Ptil, Norsok, EX/ATEX & DNVGL.
• Preferable experience with MODU & Drilling equipment and systems
• Preferably Working knowledge within some or all of the following areas:
o Control Systems, PLC’s and software
o Field instrumentation, bus systems and telecom systems
o Instrumented Safety systems and SIL considerations (F&G / ESD etc)
o Industrial IT systems and networks
o Engineering and design of the above mentioned
o Electrical Load analysis
o VSD systems
o High and low voltage systems
o Lighting fixtures
o Cable and bulk material selection
o Electrical equipment specification
o Rules and regulations for electrical installation (offshore installation)
• Familiar with EX, Exi and ATEX equipment and regulations
• Experience with 3rd part projects is preferred
• Knowledge in IFS
• Familiar with programs like Febdok, Autocad, ProArc, MS Office
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Solfrid Otterås, by email: