Offshore drilling engineer 20924
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Offshore Drilling Engineer.
- Follow the Drilling Department Governance and Leadership
- Coordinate offshore and onshore communication and activities related to engineering and reporting of operations
- Prepare Detailed Operational Procedure / Drilling instructions based on Drilling Programme and relevant programmes
- Facilitate meetings to go through operational procedures before it is finalized
- Prepare drawings, running lists (casing tallies) and documents Prepare relevant calculations for cementing / pressure testing / leak-off test etc
- Be actively involved in performance work/ initiatives
- Provide support regarding offshore logistics and inventory control
- Prepare relevant parts of Well Handover documentation
- Verify Daily Drilling Reports
- Register HSE and quality events and issues in Synergi
- Prepare draft operations summary in Final Well Report
- Capture and store relevant reports and pictures within ProjectPlace and WellView
- Fulfil discipline requirements and ensure required deliverables are produced at the right phase
- Conduct quality assurance and control activities towards suppliers
- Ensure proper preparations for operations
- Participate in Risk activities , DWOP, pre-spud meetings etc (by invitation)
- Ensure that operations are conducted in a safe manner according to LNAS requirements, rules and regulations and that LNAS drilling objectives are met.
- Monitor progress of operations and update reporting systems
- Prepare handover for next offshore drilling engineer
- Identify and document lessons learned in experience database and AS DONE procedures
- Provide feedback for improvement of the Drilling Management System
- Minimum 5 years of experience from drilling operations
- Good knowledge in well control matters
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar education (experience may compensate for lack of formal education)
- Valid NCS offshore safety course certificate.
- Competency in Authority Regulations. Should have RVK course or similar experience (regelverk kompetanse kurs).
- Valid certificate of medical fitness for working in petroleum activities offshore
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Start: December 2020
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Birger Ekerhovd, by email: email@example.com