Engineering Manager O 20401
Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK.
Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Engineering Manager.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with broad experience in the Oil & Gas multidiscipline EPC business with special focus on the electrical and automation disciplines. Experience within structural disciplines is an advantage.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Engineering Management in tender work, delivery projects, study and concept activities
- Direct responsible for all engineering activities in a given project
- Overall responsible for a consistent, complete and integral design, across disciplines, procurement packages and work Packages.
- To coordinate and direct preparation of specifications, calculations and equipment requisitions in addition to other technical documents.
- To monitor and ensure the progress of all engineering and design activities and the issuance of all engineering documents.
- Scope management and system engineering deliverables.
- Decide in case of multidiscipline disputes
- Ensure that fabrication and installation friendly solutions are developed within the design
- To coordinate interfaces and ensure communication both internal and external to the projects
Qualifications & personal attributes:
- Degree in Engineering (MSc/BSc),
- 10+ years experience from Subsea or Offshore Engineering
- Management skills
- Multidiscipline experience
- Project Execution experience related to engineering, design, construction, fabrication and operation of FPSO's or Offshore Oil & Gas production systems
- Practical, structured and analytic
- Fluent in English and good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively both within a team environment and with limited supervision, ability to take lead.
- Ability to handle complex specifications, make good decisions, and develop consistent solutions
- Flexibility regards to international travels
- A dynamic working environment where knowledge-sharing and collaboration is appreciated amongst highly competent colleagues
- International working environment
- To be a contributor making offshore greener
The application deadline for this position is 06.02.20, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Wenche Dokken, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org