Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Commissioning Manager .
A senior / management role for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual leading project execution from installation, through mechanical completion, function testing, process commissioning to handover and optimisation.
• Developing a commissioning programme including mechanical completion, I/O testing, functional testing, wet testing and process testing.
• Communicating the plan to a multidiscipline team comprising in house resources and specialist suppliers and subcontractors
• Monitoring programme and reporting to all stakeholders including project management and the customer.
• Completion and filing of checklists
• Recording and following up defects.
• Monitoring hold points and ensuring works proceed only in a safe and correct manner in accordance with the process requirements.
• Engaging future operational team in training during commissioning stages, experience of production of training plans and leading training is an advantage.
• Attendance at Factory Acceptance Tests where necessary.
• Working with the process systems and customers post commissioning to continue to optimise and troubleshoot the completed system.
• Development of concise, well structured plans and hold points.
• Methodical and structured to lead a team in accordance with a plan.
• Tidy and thorough completion and storage of records
• Identifying closing out defects.
• Confident, diplomatic, personable and customer/partner focussed.
• Risk / change aware.
• Enjoys mechanical, electrical and process environment.
• Successful completion of complete process commissioning, preferably wastewater with anaerobic granular sludge, aerobic biofilm and/or sludge handling a distinct advantage.
• Mechanical equipment installation knowledge – good working practice for pump, pipework, and mechanical process system installation and commissioning.
• Electrical and control system installation knowledge. Cable test records, IO testing and lock off procedures.
• Experience of variable speed drives set up and adjustment.
• Instrumentation knowledge. Experience of instrument and controller calibration such as ph sensors. Programming instrument set points locally.
• Experience of management of suppliers, and specialist disciplines including process engineers.
• Good written and spoken language abilities in both English and Norwegian.
• Good knowledge of ISO 9001 quality assurance and good engineering practices.
• Good knowledge of HMS aspects.
• Good fluency with IT including word and excel. MS project is an advantage.
• A predominantly site-based role with projects located in Norway and Sweden.
• Head office in Tønsberg Norway.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP. We will consider applicants consecutively.
Duration: June 2020
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult puts great emphasis on being close to its employees and being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning the position, please contact me, Nina Laugerud, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org