Techconsult AS is a Norwegian company providing consulting and advisory services to clients in the engineering and construction disciplines and project management services. The company has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger and Molde in Norway and a branch office in Teesside, UK. Techconsult AS operates nationally and internationally in markets within the Offshore, Energy, Construction, Shipbuilding and land-based industry.
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customer we are now looking for a Senior Mechanical PRE Engineer – OW
• Assist systems engineering in defining required mechanical equipment
• Establish datasheets for equipment and Technical Requisition document.
• Hold technical clarifications with vendors and assist in vendor selection process
• Hold kick off meetings with vendors and perform FATs
• Supplier documentation review and approval
• Handle inquiries from Client and 3rd party regarding equipment packages.
• Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
• Multidiscipline understanding
• Good communication skills
• Have a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
• Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
• Communicate well in English – both oral and in writing
• Willingness to travel when required
• Ability to understand new rules and regulation
• Master Degree or bachelor degree
• Long relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
• Experience from working in multidiscipline engineering teams in EPC projects as mechanical package responsible engineer (PRE)
• Experience with offshore HVDC substation projects would be preferred
• Experience from both rotating and static mechanical equipment packages.
• Experience from seawater lift pumps would be an advantage
• Experience with follow-up of sub-suppliers, bid clarification meetings, kick off meetings and FATs.
• Min 3 years experience working as package responsible equipment
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Start: October 2019
Duration: December 2020
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Birger Ekerhovd, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org