Oil & Gas
Tiltredelse: Etter avtale
Navn: Mona Foss
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customers we are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer Rotating Equipment
• Follow-up the mechanical discipline work in the project.
• Follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
• Be part of the Engineering Home Support team, liase with Company site team located overseas and frequently follow up progress at suppliers premises in Europe Tasks and deliveries:
• Follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
• Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
• Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
• Develop package specifications and provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g. equipment packages, long lead items and company provided items (CPI).
• Contribute to planning and executing mechanical packages follow-up activities.
• In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contractor’s verification of equipment packages, as relevant.
• Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
• Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
• During execution, support and take responsibility for decisions within own mechanical packages, f.ex. inter disciplinary input, handling of site queries (SQs), technical queries (TQs) and variation order requests (VORs).
• Manage relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG, non-conformance requests (NCRs).
• Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
• Ensure experience transfer from similar projects, operations and discipline network.
Your experience and qualifications:
• MSc or BSc degree or equivalent within Mechanical engineering
• Minimum 10 years experience from similar position in previous projects, especially within rotating mechanical equipment
• Experience with engineering contractors
• A strong team player with ability to handle high work load
• Other competencies or specific expertise necessary for the position are:
• Documented previous experience and detailed understanding of Gas Turbine Generator Packages, Steam Turbine Generators and Centrifugal electrically driven Compressors in hydrocarbon service are essential for this role
• Personal qualities:
• High focus on HSE, ethics and the company’s value
• Proactive and able to follow-up closely the engineering contractor and other team members
• Very important to be able to deliver even if not able to sit together with the team, through digital tools like Microsoft Teams.
• Ability to understand the value chain and project totality
• A team player, with good co-operational- and communication-skills
• Structured, systematic and target driven with well-defined goals
• Multidiscipline understanding
• Available for frequent visits to Suppliers located across Europe
To be accepted as a candidate you must be located within EU – preferable in Norway. Important with valid work permit for Norway if not located in Norway.
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
Workplace: Fornebu, Oslo
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
• A close follow-up of each employee
• Insurance benefits
• Social activities
• Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you.
If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Mona Foss, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org