Oil & Gas
Tiltredelse: Etter avtale
Navn: Marianne Koppang
Techconsult is the link between jobs and professionals. For one of our customers we are now looking for a Equipment Buyer
Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
Our customer is committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. They are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
The department handles direct procurement for early phase projects in the segment Engineering, Topsides & Facilities and Renewables. Typical projects include O&G topsides and FPSOs, carbon capture and storage facilities, foundations for offshore wind turbine generators and converter stations for offshore wind farms.
They are now looking for a Senior Package Responsible Buyer with experience in purchasing complex equipment from production companies. As Senior Buyer you are part of a team with the Package Responsible Engineer (PRE), and this team will be responsible for the successful execution and completion of the assigned procurement packages. You will have the opportunity to interface with many disciplines and to work in close collaboration with suppliers and client.
Joining now will give you an excellent opportunity to be involved in the early stage of new energy projects and to develop your skills within procurement management.
- Develop procurement strategies and plans for assigned packages
- Perform all procurement activities efficiently and ensure successful execution of the Procurement Process
- Ensure commercial awareness within the organisation
- Perform change management and manage contract risks
- Ensure that all relevant systems are updated according to project requirements
- Represent the procurement team towards project management and the supplier market
- Present contract status in reports and meetings
- Keep the contract and correspondence files updated
- Take on more complex tasks if required (e.g. Lead on less complex projects)
- The position may include travelling
- Higher education within business and/or engineering
- Minimum five years' experience from procurement or sales of technical equipment
- Good project management skills
- Solid technical understanding and commercial skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Team-player attitude
- Strong work ethic and proactive attitude
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to be flexible
To be accepted as a candidate you must be located within EU – preferable in Norway with valid work permit
The application deadline for this position is ASAP, but we will also consider candidates for similar or other relevant positions consecutively.
As an employee at Techconsult, we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and flexibility by working in projects with the major companies within oil, gas and land based industry
- A close follow-up of each employee
- Insurance benefits
- Social activities
- Physical development and training support
Techconsult emphasis being close to our employees and we focus on being a professional, safe and pleasant employer, where you will clearly notice that the focus is on you. If any questions concerning this position, please contact me, Marianne Koppang, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org